Caribou tufting and muskox horn
$ 335.00 CAD
- These earrings are made from caribou hair that has been died and tufted on moosehide and muskox horn. This rare material has beautiful natural motifs that really catch the eye.
- The typical colour of the muskox is beige. The black inclusion makes this pair of earrings so special.
- No two cuts from the horn can create the same motifs so each piece is unique.
- The beads are vintage from Europe
- These earrings are made with handmade sterling silver ear wire.
- They weigh less than 5.5 grams for your comfort.
- Size: 11 cm long and 3.5 cm wide.
- This powerful animal is found in the Arctic. The horn are supplied by sustainable harvesters from remote northern communities of Canada. The horns can be found on the land or are remnants from a hunt that fed a community.