Dentalium Shell Earrings - Yellow
$ 125.00 CAD
- The dentalium shell was traded across North American from the Arctic to the Plains. They were a form of currency to Indigenous peoples. The shells originated from the West Coast and were traded inland. These earrings embody an Indigenous statement of wealth and status.
- Based on Gwich'in designs these handmade dentalium shell earrings are made Vintage greasy blue Italian beads
- I hand sanded and polished each shell to ensure the longevity and comfort of the earrings.
- I searched for these vintage European beads because of the beauty of their colour and shape. These beads are no longer being produced.
- The ear hooks are made with sterling silver wire.
- Each earrings weigh around 3 grams for your comfort. They are 7 cm long and 1.5 cm wide.